.. -- Twiiliightstory

Translate

Fråga mig

fredag 28 maj 2010



Julia Jones, shown at Griffith Park in Los Angeles, says that when she arrived on the “Eclipse” set, she was immediately impressed by the professionalism of her younger co-stars, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner. “My overall observation was that they just have it down. Kristen steps in and out of character. Rob – same thing. Taylor, too. It’s been incredible on a bunch of levels.” Of meeting heartthrob Pattinson, Jones said: “It did throw me a little bit when I was introduced to Rob and he had a British accent. I was like, oh right, he’s British.”

Jamaica Plain native Jones attended “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” premiere in November. She said she was overwhelmed by the tens of thousands of fans who were going crazy for her werewolf co-stars on the red carpet. Jones told the Globe, “The funny thing is that because I hadn’t done any press and had just finished filming my first installment, nobody recognized me.”

Jones says that playing the tortured werewolf Leah Clearwater involved frowning for long stretches at a time. She joked, “If you try to scowl, just for four hours straight, you will start feeling pretty pissed off. I’m not kidding.”

Jones says that dancing with The Boston Ballet prepared her for the discipline involved in acting. “In terms of withstanding incredible amounts of pain – both physical and emotional – I don’t think there’s any better training than ballet.”

One of Jones’s first big breaks was the Quentin Tarantino-produced 2008 movie “Hell Ride.” Jones (third from right) attended the Sundance Film Festival that year with “Hell Ride” castmates (from left) Cassandra Hepbur, Leonor Varela, Eric Balfour, Andrea Fellers, and David Grieco.

Shortly after returning from “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” shoot, Jones began a run of the Culture Clash production of a new play, “Palestine, New Mexico.” “I didn’t have any idea how intense that process was,” she said. “I haven’t done theater since, I don’t know, in like 10 years? It’s so exhausting. It takes everything you have.”

Jones got her start at the Wheelock Family Theatre in Boston, where she took on roles such as Jo in ''Little Women.''

Jones knows that her upcoming role in “Eclipse” will probably open many doors in Hollywood. “I’ve definitely noticed that I have a lot more meetings, and meeting people who probably wouldn’t have taken the time out of their busy schedules to meet me six months ago. I’m sure it is easier to get me in on certain projects.”

Jones (shown at the premiere of “Hell Ride” at the Egyptian Theater is Los Angeles) has played a number of Native-American roles. A member of the Chickasaw tribe, Jones says she’s pleased that the “Twilight” franchise has given high-profile screen time to a number of talented Native actors. “Pretty much everyone is [Native],'' Jones said of the actors who play the Quileute werewolves.

Jones says “Twlight” fans shouldn’t be worried about “Eclipse.” She promises it will be good – and true to the series. “It’s going to look so cool,” Jones said, beaming. “That’s one of my favorite parts of this franchise – each one of the installments is a completely different movie. They can get away with that because they have Melissa Rosenberg, the same screenwriter, and they have [author] Stephenie Meyer, who has enough input.”

Inga kommentarer: